So 05 srpna 2023
This is just collection of alternatives to EPub for electronic books and similar stuff.
- Why to have alternative to EPub: The publishing industry has a problem, and EPUB is not the solution ? … the author (Jani Patokallio) has a bit of problem confusing EPub with DRM, but otherwise his point that ZIP archive of HTMLs would do at least as well as EPub is a valid one. Except of course there is absolutely no reader for such animal.
- Portable Documents for the Open Web (Part 1) (part 2 and part 3) how this is seen by the publishing industry (by the chairman of IDPF).
- Forest of evergreen notes … personal storage of knowledge, quite related to the concept of public Zettelkasten by Andy Matuschak. Right, Zettelkasten. There I also learned Why You Should Set Links Manually and Not Rely on Search Alone
- Wildly inaccurate prediction Why e-books will soon be obsolete (and no, it’s not just because of DRM), which however is interesting read on the faulty business practices of the current publishing industry.
- Daniel Glazman wildly disagrees with the current trends in Web. Period.