Pá 12 února 2021
(my Reddit post “LF: Petunia is a witch afterall”)
I know about these:
- magnificent series by mzzbee, which is probably the best I know about,
- “Petunia Snaps by Meester Lee”, which unfortunately finishes exactly in the point where it starts to be interesting
- “By Baker Street Station, I Sat Down and Wept by Deco”, which I need to reread apparently, because I forgot most of it; oh, I see, it is that crack. I mean, sporting dragons, really?
- “Petunia Evans, Tomb Raider by Starfox5”, or she is not exactly a witch, but it is a bit of crack.
- “There Will Be No Foolish Wand Waving by kgfinkel”, which has the most awesome Petunia around (or How did I destroyed The Mightiest Dark Wizard of All Times with the Handbook of The Muggle Liaison Office) and one of the darkest Dumbledore’s I have ever read, and yet I still don’t think it is a stupid Dumbles bashing.
- “the family evans by dirgewithoutmusic” with the most awesome Petunia, which is rather unpleasant, but still she cares about both of her boys.
There is a one where Petunia lives in Diagon Alley with both her boys (Dudley and Harry) above the bookstore running a kind of kindergarten for other kids, and eventually organizes destruction of Voldemort, because Dumbledore is too inept to manage it himself. Not much good, and I cannot find it ATM.
Readers on the thread added me also these:
- “Sisters (Doing It for Themselves) by neymovirne” neymovirne wrote this oneshot after one of the discussions here a couple of months ago. Witch Petunia and muggle Lily. My comment on that was, that I thought more about the canonical universe and her finding out being a witch later in her life, but this is good nevertheless. So, what's next? Harry's adventures among kangaroos?
- “The Day The Dursleys Came To Hogwarts by ordinaryguy2” Before the first task Snape brings the Dursleys to Hogwarts to taunt Harry. This breaks everything, including a binding on Petunia's magic. Tropey but i think it mixes up the tropes to good effect. H/Hr
I have found these later:
- “Acceptance by AsphodelWolf15” If Vernon and Petunia were so concerned about their image why did they treat Harry the way they did? A child with a bad reputation living in their house forced them to tell tales, when it would have been much easier if they treated him like part of the family. How would Harry have turned out if he was accepted? (This is not for Dumbledore fans). 2BRead