Čt 19 listopadu 2020
(my comments during the thread “Stories where Ginny is actually nice to Harry’s girlfriend?” by /u/AcerbicOrb)
Let me add here a dump of my “muggles” folder (for later reference):
- Grow Young with Me by Taliesin19 (my review)
- Ten More Minutes by Litfreak89
- The Refiners Fire by Abraxan (first seven chapters, then it turns rather weird and super!Harry)
- A Muggle in Magical Britain by Tegildess
- A Muggle in the Ministry of Magic by Tegildess
- World War Wizard by Tegildess
- A Muggle In The Magic World by Phoenixfox has a lovely finale
- Behind Blue Eyes by elmembrila is probably the best of them all
- Hero Complex by abbyepic I am not much sure about this one
- Cleaved by StarsandSunkissed perhaps, WIP, updated
- What We Had by Litfreak89 prequel to “Ten More Minutes”, * I wasn’t that impressed as with that one.
- The Divide by Beedle … twin sisters, one of them magical, other isn’t … we know this scenario, it is a recipe for disaster, isn’t it? Except, no, it isn’t, it is even worse.
- Escape by SingularOddities is more or less regular Harmony story (not bad), but it has developed a character of Audrey later-to-be-Mrs-Percy-Weasley, which was so good, that the author wrote another sequel/prequel (is there such thing as parallelquel?) Mr and Mrs Percy Weasley by SingularOddities, which is really good.
- Ottery St Catchpole by Erisah_Mae is unfortunately unfinished but lovely written comedy of errors: young woman from Australia inherits in the summer of 1998 a lovely house after her rather weird aunt. She is quite surprised by some friendly neighbours named Weasleys, who apparently assumes something about her, and she doesn’t know what. Etc. Beautifully written.
- Some stories by Northumbrian : Creevey Tales are all centred around the conflict of living on the edge between the magical and Muggle worlds. Strangers at Drakeshaugh and James and Me are about relationship between Muggles and Potters from Muggles point of view (unfortunately, the later is unfinished; if you don’t consider my own James & Me: Accident … and you shouldn’t).