Why to drop fanfiction story immediately
Út 19 října 2021
pink-pipes asked on Reddit
What Tropes or Scenes Have Made You Drop a Fic Immediately?
I have prepared this list:
- harem, Ménage à trois, polygamy, fluid sexuality, PWP, Alpha/Beta/Omega dynamic
- creature inheritance … an immediate hard drop
- adult/child + Death Eater/normal romantic relationships (yes, I am certain there are some exceptions, but I have yet to find truly good Drarry, Draminoe, Snarry ... ewww, Snamione ... ewww, not even mentioning anybody/Voldemort, anybody/Bellatrix, anybody/Lucius)
- dark!Harry (or dark!Hermione etc.)
- pureblood culture & pureblood Hermione (I tried few, none of those were completely horrible, but I don't feel the need to seek for more)
- almost all crossovers (especially with superheroes, Star Wars)
However, since then I have noticed couple more of these:
- Dramione stories … “I bullied you, because I loved you.” It is not cure of a problem with young Hitlerjugend, it is disgusting. Just say no. Even worse, I couldn’t believe that somebody actually wrote in this day and age a story where freshly minted Harry-turned-into-girl finds it awesome when she is literally raped by Draco. “He raped me, because he loves me.” I just couldn’t believe my eyes.
- A time travel story: “Good, then you understand that Sirius needs to stay in Azkaban until the time is right.” No, I don’t.
- Apartment-sized trunk